Happy Tax Weekend.
My guess is you've been swarmed with papers in the last few weeks getting ready for Tax Day.
Well, now that the flurry is almost over, it's time to shred and scan.
If you haven't already, go download the Scannable app by Evernote. It's free and life-changing.
I spent last weekend scanning oodles of papers from my two drawer file cabinet (one drawer for business, one for personal). My goal is to be paperless by the end of the year and this app is making that possible.
I used it to scan:
- EOBs and briefs from my doctors
- Supporting documents for taxes
- Recipes I'd saved
- Travel articles
- Car maintenance records on 2 cars from the past 10 years
- The original credit card paper that came with the card and that has the whole card number on it (if you've ever lost a card and didn't have your full number handy, you know what a pain that can be)
- The travel rewards cards I'd received from Hilton, Starwood, Amtrak etc.
- Lots of other miscellaneous papers
When you're done scanning a document, it allows you to save it as a PDF or JPG to your camera roll, Google Drive, iBooks, email, message, etc. The options are endless.
If you download it and want some tips, shoot me an email.
Happy Scanning. :)