Unroll.me is to your inbox what DMA Choice is to your mailbox. This is one of my most favorite tricks ever. As we move through this month, we want to limit how much is coming into your inboxes, both physical and digital, because the less you have to deal with, the easier it is to organize. With that in mind:
- Head over to Unroll.me and:
- Click the “Get Started Now” button
- Click the button corresponding with your email provider. I use Gmail, so I click the “Sign in with Google” button.
- Click “agree” for their terms of service
- Click on the email you want to work with (if you have multiple Gmail accounts, it will list them all)
- Click “Allow”
- It will ask if you’ve ever thought of “rolling up” some of your subscriptions. Skip this step.
- Now it should be showing you all of your “new” subscriptions. If this is your first time using Unroll.me, this will be a long list
- Click the “Unsubscribe” X to the right of each subscription name that you no longer wish to receive
- Once you’ve moved through all of your “new” subscriptions, you’re done!
We will work on cleaning out your inbox later in the month, but for now at least we’ve stopped the influx of more, more, more.