I've spent a lot of time telling you that you have too much crap and need to get rid of a good portion of it, so I thought I'd throw you a bone. While there are no magic bullet organizing products to make you organized once and for all (besides tossing most of your crap), there are a few that can make life easier and more beautiful.
1. Matching Hangers - You're an adult. It's time to donate the 143 mismatched hangers and buy 40 that match. 40!?! Matching?!? Well, yeah, it's hard to use more than 40 items of clothing in a month, so, if you've recently joined the capsule wardrobe bandwagon, 40 should about do it. As for the matching - well, look at all the closets you've pinned on Pinterest. They all have less than 40 items, the hangers match, and they look gorgeous. Case closed. While I use the thick plastic ones from Bed, Bath & Beyond, the wood ones or the fuzzy ones from Amazon also look stellar.
2. Keepsake Boxes - You all probably know by know that I'm a sentimental softie, and generally encourage you to keep some keepsakes. Kid's first shoes, a bracelet your grandfather gave you in kindergarten, the bar receipt from the first time you met/served drinks to your now husband (oh, is that just me?). Anyway, if you're going to keep some mementos, at least give them a beautiful home.
3. Matching Food Containers - Now go check out those gorgeous kitchens you've pinned. Chances are the food is in matching containers. Right? Please recycle those BPA laden, discolored, mis-matched, crusty old ones you've been holding on to. Please. I personally love cheap and easy ball jars, but French canning jars or anything glass and matchy matchy will work.
4. Plastic Bins - These are still a favorite. Simple, useful. Because even if you don't have much crap, it still looks like a lot when it's spread out over all of your surfaces. Group your like items together and contain them! :)
5. The Ikea Kallax Unit - Or any of it's ilk now available from Target and other stores. Basically it's a piece of furniture with 4, 8 or more cubes that can be used organize darn near anything. This here is the craft cube, this is the sewing cube, the toy cube, the car wash cube. Especially helpful for kids. Or vinyl collectors. I keep my record collection in one.