Pull out those belts and watches. I find most people have a plethora of these, but only wear one or two. What about you? Do you have a favorite belt and a favorite watch? Set those aside. If you don’t, then ask these questions:
- Do you even wear belts or watches?
- Does this belt or watch make you feel good?
- Do you like it?
- Does it fit?
- Does it match anything you own?
- Is it a style you used to like, or one you like now?
- Do you really need 5 brown belts and 8 black belts when you only wear your silver chain belt?
- Has your phone replaced your watch?
Try to pare down to one brown and one black belt or 2 equivalent belts that match your entire wardrobe. If you can only wear that hot pink belt with that one skirt, and you don’t even particularly like that hot pink belt, it’s time for it to go. I personally have one brown belt and one black “punk rock” silver studded belt from Hot Topic 20 years ago, that still fits and I still love. Fashion be damned. Those two go with everything I own on the rare occasion I even need a belt. Watches were a bit trickier for me. I still had a few from childhood….looking at you Swatch. Combining those with the 3 purchased in adulthood put me at about 7 watches. I do not need 7 watches. I don’t think anyone needs 7 watches, but I’ve decided to keep them all and not buy any new ones…just use these up. Surely the Swatch much break eventually?