Purses. What an industry we’ve built upon them. I own 5, so I suppose I’m not necessarily a minimalist when it comes to them. I will say, that they all get used and when they stop being used, I will donate them. What about you? Do you have a favorite? A few favorites? Put those aside and let’s look at the rest.
- If they’re not your favorite, then why are you keeping them?
- Have you used them in the past few months?
- Are they big enough?
- Small enough?
- The right color?
- Do you have multiple brown purses when one could suffice?
- What wallet do you actually use?
- Do several of them sit on the shelves, unused?
- What does the purse or wallet of your dreams look like?
- Does that match with what you actually own?
- Do you really need a new one?
If you’re struggling with which ones to keep and which ones to part with, try them on for size. Sling them over your shoulder, check them out in the mirror and see if they spark any “yuck” or “yeah!” feelings.
Bag up the donations, and put the rest back on the shelf.