Work shoes. How that definition has changed. I think most of us wear something far more casual than we could have dreamed of in high school. These days I go to work in “Mary Jane” style sneakers. I think they look slightly nice, but they are comfortable and that’s the most important thing. What about you? What do you find yourself wearing on a daily basis to work? What about to church, holidays or other fancy occasions?
- Do you always wear the black pair of heels?
- Always wear the penny loafers to work?
- Do you have a “uniform” of sorts and the rest of the shoes are just extras?
- Do they fit?
- Are they comfortable?
- Are they stylish and make you feel good?
- Have you worn them in the last 4 months?
Set your favorite pairs aside and sort through the rest. Once you’ve done that, return your keepers to the closet and put the rest in the garage. If you’re unsure of a few pairs, put them in the garage for a month or two to see if you reach for them.