Ok, phew! Your laundry should be under control, so let’s head back to the bedroom. It’s time to tackle those pillows.
What sort of pillows do you have in your bedroom?
Gather together all the pillows you have in your bedroom, on your bed or stuffed in closets and let’s sort them. Put them on the bed and group them by type. Once they are grouped, it’s time to pare down. When you’re paring down, keep these thoughts in mind:
- If you only have a queen bed, you don’t need 6 king size pillows
- If you never have guests over, you don’t need 12 guest pillows
- If you don’t use the decorative pillows stored in your closet, you don’t need them
- If you swap out the decorative pillows on your bed, with the ones in the closet, you can keep them all
- If you, or anyone in your house, suffers from allergies, it’s time to wash the pillows or discard old ones that have accumulated dust and mites
- Zippered pillow protectors can help keep pillows cleaner than pillowcases alone
- If your neck is sore when you wake up, it might be time for a new pillow
- If you get frustrated making your bed, you may have too many pillows
- 2 pillows per bed can be plenty
- If you have 4 pillows on your bed for decorative reasons, the extra 2 can be used for guests when they come
Happy paring down! I’ll see you tomorrow.